Friday, August 24, 2012

the mutant

by Neel Akash on Sunday, February 19, 2012 at 11:20pm ·
 
may be i shouldn't be hoping for a poem after all
instead let it be some other animal, a mutant of some kind
after all, it's very alive and nearly kicking

so come on out boys and gals
get comfortable, the floor is yours
let me watch you ooze and do
whatever it is you want to do
just leave me alone afterwards
so i could sleep or something

and it's been like this with these guys
they push me around, make a zone
in my head, and i run out of words
trying to explain

but don't get me wrong
i love you guys, you give me
an outlet to this cage
and it's better than staring

but sometimes it's a little more
difficult than that too
and the fever remains
for the lack of a better word
like a fleeting target
i miss and i miss
and i miss again

so then i keep on trying
for that magnificent unknown
something worth its salt
that unspeakable target
the lack of destiny
the equidistant achievements
that remain untrodden

how about a tail for the mutant?
make it long and puffy

No comments:

Post a Comment