Friday, August 24, 2012

river

by Neel Akash on Sunday, February 19, 2012 at 10:47pm ·
 
by god, i have been awfully close to being
nobody particularly interesting, and to think
how hard they claimed i tried to be someone special
but for my mom's sake, she's been so marooned
she hides her disappointments just too darn well

and i get alone, lying down and thinking
very very immature thoughts bounce between
how to start my life and how to end it
and the decades come and go

i gray, my beard, my hair, my mind
is it over yet? will it just drag on like this?
and how do you people deal with that alarm clock?
no i don't find any of you particularly interesting at all

and yet there's words churning in my stomach
words that are for me only, they own me
they make and then they break me
they give me mountains and wings

so let me just fly on back to the mountains
to the river i was yesterday stealing peanuts on the bank
it was the river, the boatman, us, and the banks
it was the bathers and boys wading
it was a sky i forgot to notice

No comments:

Post a Comment